Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 5, 2017

A Unique Wedding in McCluskiegunj


On the first day of April I was invited to a wedding in the basti here. I usually avoid attending wedding ceremonies and parties but just not to hurt the feelings of the basti residents, I went along with my brother-in-law who was also invited.




The site was beautifully decorated and well arranged. It was a Muslim wedding. The food was just as good as the decorations and what really struck my attention was the absence of music which made it a unique wedding.
Usually, all weddings have loud music throughout the night and at times are disturbing too. I asked why there wasn’t any music playing and was told that it was the special request of the groom. Great!

3 comments:

  1. Hi, My name is Subhadip Mukherjee and I have a blog called www.indianvagabond.com and if things go according to plan will be visiting Mccluskiegunj in August along with some office colleagues. Would be great if you can share your contact details as I would need to discuss few things with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can contact me at subhadipindia@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Sir, i shall b highly obliged if you most kindly let me know that is there any coloniel time petrol jeep available for sale in an around McCluskieganj?
    I am desperately looking to purchase.
    Your kind reply shall highly apprecited.
    Ashok Sircar.
    Mob:7250554122.
    Email:ashoksircar88@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for showing your interest in McCluskiegunj. Leave your querries, and I shall try to satisfy them at my earliest.