Search This Blog

Monday, February 27, 2017

Almost extinct Pangolin found in McCluskiegunj

Hi folks.
A Pangolin, also known as ant-eaters that have been around the Gunj in large numbers once and also an endangered species now has just been found and rescued here.
This animal was caught by men belonging to the Birhore tribe who were trying to get sale for the animal at a weekly market here. It i is 120 cm from head to tail and weighs around 30 kgs.
Pangolins were found in a large no. in the 40s and 50s.
The thana prabhari, Prakash Yadav had it sent to the zoo in ranchi.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there,

    My name is Jack and I'm a British journalist hoping to visit McCluskieganj in early April to produce a travel article focused on the history of the town. As the only blog/website about the town that is being updated regularly, I was wondering if you could help me with a few questions I have:

    1. Is there any guesthouses in McCluskieganj accepting foreign tourists? If so, how much roughly will a room cost per night?
    2. Are there any heritage/history tours operating in the town? As I'd love to learn more about its past, especially its links to the English.
    3. And finally, for my potential article I'd love to speak to some longtime residents of the town. Who would be the best person to talk to about potentially arranging such meetings? Does the town have a tourist office or anything? I've heard the town once had a large Anglo-Indian population and would love to speak to any who remain.

    Please do let me know if you can help with any of the above queries. My email address is: jack.freelance@outlook.com

    As a very knowledgeable source regarding the goings on of the town it would be great to have your support.

    Thanks very much,
    Jack

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for showing your interest in McCluskiegunj. Leave your querries, and I shall try to satisfy them at my earliest.